Uganda Technology and Management University (UTAMU) (http://utamu.ac.ug/
), Uganda National (http://www.nita.go.ug/
)Information Technology Authority (NITA) (http://www.nita.go.ug/
) and the Center for Electronic Governance at UNU-IIST (UNU) (http://egov.iist.unu.edu/
) are jointly organizing a week of Executive Training on Foundations of Government Information Leadership to take place in Kampala, Uganda during 22-26 July 2013. The training will take place under the patronage of the Ugandan Ministry of Information and Communication Technology, Ministry of Local Government and Ministry of Public Service. It will be taught by Elsa Estevez and Tomasz Janowski from UNU, and Henk Sol from the Groningen University and the Technical University Delft, Netherlands.
The training is addressed to policy-makers, decision-makers, public managers and Government Chief Information Officers (GCIO) from Uganda and the neighboring countries, responsible for planning, managing and sustaining Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Electronic Governance (EGOV) initiatives. It is ideally suited for these organizations that recognize the increasing importance of GCIO for the well-performing public sector and for engaging non-state actors in the pursuit of public policy objectives.
The training will focus on the enabling and facilitating role of ICT and EGOV in: 1) formulating and implementing government policies; 2) increasing the effectiveness, efficiency and efficacy of government programs and operations; and 3) producing concrete value to the public. It will consist of 13 thematic sessions covering a wide range of knowledge areas relevant to the audience as follows:Day 1: Introduction
- Introduction to EGOV
- Global Trends in EGOVDay 2: Planning
- Policy-Driven EGOV
- EGOV Strategy and Alignment
- ICT Policy Development and ImplementationDay 3: Governance
- ICT Governance
- Government Information Leadership
- Organizational TransformationDay 4: Design
- Government Knowledge Management
- Government Information Sharing and Interoperability
- Government Enterprise ArchitectureDay 5: Implementation
- EGOV Measurement and Benchmarking
- Infrastructure and Services
* The organizers reserve the right to modify the list of topics.
Enquiries concerning this training should be directed to
Ms. Rebecca Namulondo
Phone: +256 782419042, +256 701871684
This training is the fifth in a series of executive trainings organized or co-organized by UNU in: 1) Macao for government officials from Iraq, Jemen, Jordan and Palestine; 2) Muscat for GCIOs from Oman; 3) Braga for government officials from Dominican Republic, Georgia, Moldova, Portugal and South Korea; and 4) Manama for government officials from Brunei Darussalam.
- Announcement (http://bit.ly/WWYg6I
- Uganda Technology and Management University (http://utamu.ac.ug/
- National Information Technology Authority (http://www.nita.go.ug/
- Center for Electronic Governance at UNU-IIST (http://egov.iist.unu.edu/